Monday, August 11, 2008

Phi Mu Recruitment 2008

So recruitment is OVER. And it was by far the absolute BEST EVER that has occurred at the Phi Mu house in Stillwater. And I mean that! The organization and efficiency of those in charge (mainly seniors) led to a smoothly run, drama free, somewhat calm recruitment...the real excitement surrounded Ali Pickens, granddaughter of billionaire Boone Pickens, and seeing what would happen with her (she wound up at AXO). We had some computer issues with the forced upon us by nationals program, Recruiter ICS, but luckily, we had issues with it last year too, so I was prepared with a back up plan that was put into place the morning of pref day. I wish you could've seen the emails I was receiving from this guy at ICS and take note of the date and time they were sent...for example, I had asked about some feature on it required for final scoring last Tuesday...he got back with me on Thursday. I inquired again about this feature, only to receive a response on SATURDAY. Bid Day. A whole day after I needed to have this feature working. I responded with a very tactful screw you email and a promise to not use his program or offer my recommendation of it to other chapters until the program ran perfectly.

But that was our only issue all week long. The members did a fabulous job, quota was 48 and we got 51!! The new skit is the best yet and the house was decorated beautifully. We're also hearing that our phis are the "hottest pledge class OSU has ever had" so needless to say, the Phi Mus heads will probably swell quite a bit... :)














So now that I can get back to my regular life, I'll return to wedding planning. I received the prints of my engagement pictures this weekend, so I'll be scanning those in soon and making my guest book with some of the pictures. That's the main reason I wanted the engagement pictures taken so soon before the wedding cause I wanted them to have pictures of us outside, and this summer was about the only time I was going to be able to do that!

7 comments:

The Mills Gang said...

That makes me so proud! I have a little tear in my eye!!! :)

The West Family said...

Wow, the house looks so much better. No more krackle furniture!

Ticey said...

The house looks great! I haven't been in years and would LOVE to see how everything has changed!

The Rust Family said...

Kels you are awesome for being so involved! 51 girls, back in the old school days we rushed with 35 in the whole house, ha ha!!!

Dawson's Mommy said...

That is so awesome!! The house looks amazing!

Kara said...

The house does look incredible, are those renovations recent? I thought the dorm area was especially cute with the pink on the walls, loved it! It makes me miss my Phi Mu days.

Aislinn and Dustin said...

OH my gosh, Kelsey, I'm so glad you let us all know how things are going at the house...I spent an hour forcing Dustin to look at the pics and tell stories...makes me so proud, you're awesome!!!