Monday, August 4, 2008

Reception Details

So Phi Mu recruitment begins today, but I'd rather play on the blogs...so much more fun...! (I'm currently having some difficulty with our computer system, so while I wait for a response from Nationals, I shall post pictures of wedding things...)

We're having the wedding in Stillwater, with the ceremony at the First United Methodist Church and the reception at the Wes Watkins center (and for the Sooners that will be present at this wedding, you'll be across the street from the newly enhanced Boone Pickens Stadium...hee hee).



It's a huge room, and for those of you that went to OSU, this is where Greek Discovery Day began for the high school girls, and it's also where the Greek Man/Woman Pageant was that Kim Tessmann won when she did push ups...with her legs behind her head. To the Rocky theme song.




The main reason I wanted to go with the WWC is because they have the greatest selection of linens it's not even funny. Good thing I already knew what I wanted when I met with them because they pulled out four binders of over 400 linens to look through...that's alot of tablecloths...
So I'm going with a black one with a silver pattern through it:



and hot pink napkins and bows on the back of the chairs. Alot like this:


and the centerpieces are square vases about 6" tall, with pink orchids, and my cousin's wife, Jenny, is doing all the flowers and putting these light things in the bottom of the vases, with dyed pink water, kind of like this:



Not that many orchids though, she only wants to put a few in them. The only other thing on the tables will probably be a menu, along with the pink organza bags for the candy buffet table (if I still do that...haven't quite made up my mind on that one yet). I don't like alot of clutter on tables, and lit tea lights are nice and all, but I think the light from the vases will be enough. Plus my dj is doing something with pink lights on the walls, so I doubt I need the candlelight.

Think that's it for now! My mom did pick up my wedding dress last week, and it's safely tucked away in TWO bags in her closet, so I won't be tempted to put it on every day and walk around my house...sigh...

1 comment:

Ticey said...

your wedding is going to be GORGEOUS!!!!