So as most of you know, David has now completely moved in with me in Stillwater...and my life has been completely turned upside down in the past couple of months, but hey, we're making it work...! Things I did not consider though when living with a boy:
(1) Cleaning up the kitchen...One night, I made manicotti. I apparently spilled some marinara sauce on the white stove, but didn't notice. David says "you cook, I clean" so I let him do that. The next day, I'm going to start dinner, when I notice the marinara on the stove, obviously from the night before. David's standing right behind me when I notice it and he says: "Yeah, I saw that today." Seriously?? If ya saw it, why didn't you clean it then?? Gah, boys...
(2) Hears, but never really listens...I have a conference at UCO that I'm going to, and my plan was, and I told him this probably 42 times, to spend the night at my mom's the night before, go to the conference, then take my mom to see Twilight. Sounds like a simple plan, right? David asked me last night, "So you're gonna go back to work after your meeting? Where is your meeting? On campus here right?" Grrr...uh, no, honey, like I told you the other 41 times...
(3) Not understanding the concept of a "pretty Christmas tree" and a "tacky Christmas tree". Those are two different things. Not to David...
(4) I've underestimated the amount of sports that can be watched at all times of the day/night.
(5) I've also underestimated the overwhelming draw to sports message boards...
(6) Sending him to buy groceries is just not a good idea. Easy Cheez? Really?
And now for some reasons why I appreciate him being here now:
(1) I haven't done the laundry in two months...apparently, me leaving it in the dryer for three days drives him so nuts that he took this task on all by himself.
(2) Trash to the curb? Yeah, haven't done that in a while either.
(3) Any weird noise I used to hear at night when I lived by myself is suddenly gone.
(4) Ever taken two cats to the vet? You can't do that alone.
(5) I actually have a reason to cook a good meal for dinner other than just for leftovers for work.
(6) Someone to kill the spiders that the cats are playing with.