Friday, January 2, 2009

Adding to the list..

A continuation of things I'm learning by living with David:

1. Apparently, video games never get old. I left the house one day around 11am to run some errands. When I left, he was just starting to play some car game on the Wii. I returned at 3:30pm. He was still playing it. Seriously?? These never get tiring? But I shall take Heather's advice and not fight the video game battle...he thinks I'm weird cause I read books, so I guess we're even...

2. No matter how many times I tell him where things go in the kitchen, he will inevitably put stuff in the wrong place each time he unloads the dishwasher. It took me 20 minutes one day to locate the strainer, which had been placed under the sink...(?)

3. He will sacrifice his own comfort for the cats' comfort. If Tatumbell wants to sleep on his head, so be it.

4. We have to use a space heater in the den due to no vents in the room and it gets awfully chilly. It's supposed to oscillate and I've been putting it on the step coming into the room so it will distribute heat evenly. If I don't keep an eye on it, David will strategically move the heater closer to him, turn off the oscillation so that it's blowing heat directly on him, and eventually, I'm freezing when I figure this out. I want to beat him with a stick when he does this...

5. Prior to leaving for Angela's shower last weekend, I asked David to change the lightbulb on the front porch since we would be gone for a few days to Houston, and I didn't want the house to be dark...and I knew immediately I should've done this task myself when I realized it was taking him quite a long time to, what I thought anyway, unscrew the four screws on the top of the fixture to take off the lid and easily replace the bulb; however, I soon found out, he had unscrewed the 14 screws from the bottom of the fixture, had the entire thing fall apart in his hands, tiny screws are lost on the front porch, glass panes have been completely dismantled...buuuuut the light bulb got changed, so he figured I couldn't get mad at him. And he said he'd put it back together. Yet the pieces are still all on the kitchen table downstairs, he's watching the Cotton Bowl game, and it's been almost a week...sigh...

1 comment:

Ticey said...

I love the David updates!!! So much fun to read...probably not so much fun for you, but it makes for great blogging! ;-)