Tuesday, January 20, 2009

TR=Thursday

So as most of you may not know, David has started his very first semester at OSU...he's already got a degree in finance from OU (that little fact may be key to what I'm about to tell here...), but with the economy and job market the way it currently is, he's decided to go back and get an engineering degree.

Classes started last Monday, and while he's been anxiously awaiting his return to academia, it was a little hectic and overwhelming for him.

Taking 16 hours in a semester may be difficult for anyone, but especially for someone who hasn't been to school since 2002. So much so that perhaps, he even forgot how to read a schedule...

I noticed on his schedule that he had a 9am class in my own building, and knowing what I know of OSU schedules, just the time alone let me know what days this class was meeting...Tuesdays and Thursdays. He attended the class for the first time last Thursday.

Last night, I asked him "when's your earliest class again tomorrow?" And he answered with "2:30." Something seemed odd to me at that point, but it was late, I was tired, and I forgot about it.

I just received a frantic phone call from David. "In terms of class schedules, what does TR mean?", he asked.

Tuesday-Thursday.

"Oh shit."

Out of three class periods thus far, David has only attended one of those classes...

And because I too have a degree from OU, I know that they do it the same way there. Nothing tricky about it here in Stillwater.

He just keeps giving me material to write about...

6 comments:

Dawson's Mommy said...

Oh gosh!! That's funny!

Ticey said...

Seriously, I LOVE these stories!!!

Heather Horton said...

OMG!!!! That is hilarious!!! I love what you are writing about! The laundry basket thing was sooo funny! Tell David thanks for giving us some good laughs!

The Mills Gang said...

He is such a hoot and I love how you have been writing about it! It always makes me smile! :)

Aislinn and Dustin said...

hahahaha that's awesome!

Cindy Siegrist said...

Will David have many math classes at OSU? lol