Thursday, February 26, 2009

Grrrrr to Idiot Flower Lady

So this is a complaining post, so I apologize ahead of time if I seem cranky...

First off, there's this lady on campus here that Joey and I met at the bridal fair last month and she does flowers on the side for weddings (she did my friend Jill's from what I understand). I've already got my cousin Jenny doing mine, but Joey was still needing someone. I also wanted to get a small bouquet made for my bridal pictures, and I thought she would be great to use since she said she was cheap and she's right here.

So I emailed her about ten days ago to see if she would do a hot pink bouquet for me and have it by April 18th. She was going to charge me over $70 for it, so I told her, no, this is just a cheapy little thing I don't really care about, just need it for the pictures. Okay, $60 instead...what? Pretty sure at the bridal fair you said you could do it for $35. But my mom said she'd pay for it, so I said sure.

Yesterday, Joey sent me an email with this lady's estimate for her flowers attached...first off, it clearly says "I know you had a budget of $750, but..." and continues to go on about the flower arrangements and whatnot. With an estimate of "$1175-2000"!! Not only did she give her the widest range possible, but doubled her budget for flowers!

Also when Joey asked her where she got her flowers, she said "I can't tell you." Ummm, what? I asked Jenny about that, and she said that means this lady is getting them from Sam's, which is fine, but why not say so? Oh, it's cause you're jacking up the price so much...

Also yesterday, she sent me a facebook message promoting her business...a facebook message?? Seriously, this is how you run your business?? She touched on the fact that I'm friends with Jill, and she did her wedding, yada yada yada...the part that pisses me off is that she acted as though we had never discussed anything, even though I had already told her my cousin is doing my flowers, I just need a small bouquet for pictures, and this had all occurred just about ten days ago...

So I canceled my bouquet order with her, and Joey is getting estimates from other places.

5 comments:

The West Family said...

What is the name of this lady's company? My sister-in-law used to work for a flower shop in Stillwater and said the owner lady was really shady. I wonder if it is the same person.

Kelsey said...

Designs by Anna, I think. She doesn't have a shop, just does it out of her home. Did your sil work for House of Flowers cause I've heard she's shady too...she goes two years without paying her O'Colly advertising bill!

The West Family said...

Yes! It was House of Flowers! Too funny. She suggested Little Shop (I think is the name.) Said they are really good.

Kelsey said...

yes, they are really good. SO much better than anyone else in town too.

Joey said...

Amen sista! It will be worth it to pay more for peace of mind! Thanks for the shout out!!