Thursday, February 19, 2009

Mother/Son Song Help

So David is having a hard time deciding on a song to dance with his mom to at the reception, so I'm asking for YOUR help on this...!

Here's my suggestions:
1. Because you loved me--Celine Dion
2. I know you by heart--Eva Cassidy
3. Glory of Love--Peter Cetera

Maybe a little background would help here too...David's dad died when he was 12, and his mom raised him and his younger brother and sister on her own, sometimes working several jobs at once just to keep the house. She's literally one of the kindest women on the planet, and pretty much any song is going to make her cry (she'll have to make up for the fact that my mother won't shed a tear...!)

So, help?? And if you have any other suggestions, let me know! Thanks!

4 comments:

The West Family said...

What a hard decision..they are all great choices. What about Hero-Mariah Carey or In My Life-the Beatles? That is one of the hardest decisions in planning a wedding b/c you want it to be just perfect. Sorry, I wasn't much help. :-)

The Rust Family said...

She sounds amazing, I think the Celine song is awesome. I also think "Wind beneath my wings" would be good.....I can't wait for your wedding.

Matthew and Emily Clothier said...

I think I danced to "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong.
She does sound like a great woman!

Kara said...

Ooo, I like the "In My Life" suggestion, that one always gets me, and I'm not much of a crier (well, I didn't used to be before getting pregnant!)