Wednesday, March 25, 2009

ETC.

A new list of things I just don't understand about this boy I'm living with...

1. When he makes the bed in the morning (I know, I should just be thankful for that...) he ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS makes it so that the bedspread is too high on one side and then the box spring is exposed...why does this not irritate him so much that he fixes it? Or at least, why does he not realize that it irritates me so much that he fixes it?

2. Sometimes, the dishwasher is running. When that occurs, and you dirty a dish, it is placed in the sink to await its turn in the dishwasher. Why then, after I've emptied the dishwasher, he saw me do it (I quit letting him put things away...I like to know where they go...), he still leaves the cheese hardened plate in the sink? Sometimes only mere minutes have passed since I emptied the dishwasher, but yet that lone plate is still sitting in the sink...

3. How come he can't smell the litter box and that it needs to be cleaned out? (that's been determined as one of the "boy chores"...along with the taking out of the trash...which he forgets about once a week...)

4. How can he sleep past 7:30am on a Saturday?? Sometimes, until noon!

5. I still don't get this fascination with video games. I haven't played the Wii since Christmas break, but I notice sometimes, when I get home from work or class, in the carpet in the den, the unmistakable imprints of the Rockband drum set...

8 comments:

The West Family said...

Oh honey...get used to it. I have been working on #2 for 6 years now and it still hasn't changed. :-)

The Mills Gang said...

Completely know what you talking about with #1--HATE that!!!!!

Matthew and Emily Clothier said...

All I ask for is #1. And I don't get it. Now, Matty says that I think that is ALL I ask for, but apparently, there is a long list of other stuff!

Matthew and Emily Clothier said...

In defense of penis-clad folks everywhere, women struggle with some of the things on this list as well. Emily is dishwasher-challenged...she'd stack three bowls on top of one another, then shove a Joe's cup in there where it clearly doesn't fit, knowing it's just going to get blown over and fill up with nasty water and just have to be washed again. I've pointed this out 597 times, to no avail. Oh, and why can't women pack a car trunk?

Now back off on #4...sleep is your friend! :)

- Matty

Matthew and Emily Clothier said...

And Emily ONLY asks for ONE thing. That ONE thing includes:

- making the bed in the morning
- showering with a washcloth
- not wearing the same pair of socks two days in a row
- washing my face at night
- coming to bed with her at night
- not sleeping the day away

Here's the problem, ladies, and what us men inherently, if not unconsciously, understand. When we give you the "one thing," it's not as if all is then right with the world. It's just that you then go on a search for another "one thing". Eventually, we're wearing clean socks, have a clean face, get up at 6 am every morning, and have a made bed. In other words, we're you. You don't want to date you, do you? You wouldn't get along, trust us.

Hoping to fashion a mirror,
the lover doth polish the face of his beloved
until he produces a skull.

That's some poetry for you, courtesy of John Updike.

AND, you know there are "things" you're asked to do as well...here's hoping you're as quick to listen. :)

- Matty

Aislinn and Dustin said...

hahahaha Matty that is too funny! I'm sure this won't surprise you, but in most of the instances you named, I am guilty...Dustin is psycho about making the bed, but hey, when your 9 month old is crying for his bottle at 6:45am and you don't get out of your pajamas until well after noon, if at all, it just doesn't happen. Sometimes I make it just before he comes home. But at least the sheets get washed, which apparently boys don't do...

The Rust Family said...

Totally with you on the cheese thing. Also, laundry is 4 steps, pick up off the floor, wash & dry, fold and put away. I am SO thankful Cornbeef is an active participant in 1-3, but what about 4????? Piles of folded laundry in my living room, mocking me :) Kels, I hate to tell ya, these things don't get better, add a couple of sweeties to your house and suddenly you are a maid/slave to all things domestic, it helps to clean in a French maid costume and high heels, ha ha!!

Matthew and Emily Clothier said...

Why put the clothes away if you're just going to get them back out to wear them!

- Matty