Monday, April 20, 2009

Six Month Check Up

It has now been six months of living with this boy.

And I still have some questions...

Why, when something needs to be thrown away, is it not placed directly in the trash can, but rather, on the counter next to the trash can...? David has a bad habit of just leaving diet coke or beer cans piled up next to the trash can. And no, we haven't started recycling yet, so I know this can't be the reason...

Dust and dirt don't bother him at all...why not??

He tries to "discipline" the cats when they do something wrong (Tatumbell has a nasty habit of marking his territory in one spot in the den...ick) and David says to him, "No, no, buddy..." and then throws his arms up in defeat and looks at me like "well, I tried." Guess we know now which parent the kids are going to like more...

He records shows on the dvr called "River Monsters." He loves the history and travel channels.

He puts this nasty Vietnamese hot sauce on everything. And I mean, everything. I don't think he has any taste buds left.

On Sundays, I usually make 3-4 dinners for the week, so I can just pop them in the oven without much effort for dinner. After doing all of this, he came in the kitchen to do the dishes. He loaded the dishwasher, started it, but left a coffee cup on the counter--it had been in the dishwasher before, so I wondered why it was now out. When I asked him about it, he said, "There weren't any coffee cups for you for in the morning, so I went ahead and left it out so you can use it in the morning." Ummmm, okay, that's nice and thoughtful and all, but wouldn't the dishwasher be done with its cycle by the morning, and then ALL the coffee cups would suddenly be clean? When I mentioned this him, he just shook his head in disbelief at his own stupidity...

Guess I still have lots to learn about this boy...

3 comments:

Dawson's mommy said...

I think that David needs to create a blog with stories about you! ;)

Kelsey said...

He just may need to do that!!

LT said...

Laughed out loud, and that it would be even funnier if David wrote "his side". Love the idea.