Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Nannie

I'm just now getting to the point where it is now comforting to talk and think about Nannie. For those of you that don't know, my great-grandmother passed away April 27, just three days after my Uncle Cowboy suffered a massive heart attack and passed away at home. Needless to say, it was a rough week for us with two funerals in the family.






For almost 30 years, she remained the same sweet, full of life, spitfire of a woman, and it really is difficult to no longer have her here. Last weekend, I had to pick David up from the airport in Oklahoma City, and I thought to myself, "on the way back, we should stop by Nannie's..."

I had always planned to wear her engagement ring (now with an emerald in it for my birth month) on my wedding day. So now even though she physically won't be with us, she still kind of will be :)

1 comment:

Matthew and Emily Clothier said...

I'm really sorry about your Nannie, Kelsey. But I am glad that you were blessed with her in your life for such a long time. That is great that you got to share so many nice experiences with her. Love you!