Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cords, plugs and modems...oh my...

So I was beginning to think David was really watching what he was saying/doing so as not to make it on to the blog...

and then last night occurred.

We have been having some Internet issues (I think it's due to the world's worst laptop EVER: Dell), so he went upstairs to mess around with the modem and figure it out.

After about 20 minutes and no joyful "It works!" coming from him, I went upstairs to see what was going on.

He was down on his hands and knees, under the table, with all the computer wires.

Exasperated, tells me, "It's just not working. We probably need a new modem or something." (or a new computer, hint, hint)

Okay, I say. Lemme see.

I crawled under the table too.

And immediately noticed what was wrong.

The modem was not plugged in.

At all.

I point this out to him.

"But I followed the cord from the modem and it was plugged in."

Okay. What cord did you follow again?

He grabs the one he followed, from the "modem" and was all proud of himself that it was in fact, plugged in.

And I must be wrong.

He had been following the cord from the portable DVD player on the table, not the modem.

The DVD player is pink, says "Sony DVD" on it, and has a stack of DVDs next to it.

But yet it's the modem.

No comments: