Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Drain: v., drained, drain·ing, drains. v.tr. 1. To draw off (a liquid) by a gradual process


Oh look.

It's a strainer.

Most often used to drain water from pasta.

Or grease from cooked ground meat.

AFTER it's been cooked of course.

For the Cotton Bowl game (which I will not discuss further than this post...), my brother, sister in law and baby niece came over to watch it with us.

David wanted to make queso. I always put spicy sausage in it, and he wanted to do this for the game.

So I made everything I wanted out for it, and I left David to do the sausage and finish off the queso. (He requested to do this).

Before heading upstairs to finish getting ready, I said, "Don't forget, you need to drain the sausage before you put it in the rest of the cheese."

Okay, he replied. "Gah, I know what I'm doing," he muttered to himself as I walked away.

Oh do ya, buddy??

After a few minutes, I came back downstairs to the kitchen and he was cooking away on the stove (*I have another "David moment" regarding the stove in a sec...).

I also noticed the strainer in the sink.

It had bits of pink raw meat in it.

Slapping my hand to my forehead, I asked him if he had already "drained" the meat...

"Yeah, but nothing came off of it, so it's still okay, right?" he asked as I almost fell to the floor laughing.

*On a completely separate occasion, I had a pot of boiling water on the stove when David wanted to put a pizza in the oven. He asked me if "the top and bottom can work at the same time."

And this is why he's not allowed in my kitchen any longer.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

HILARIOUS! Love. it.

Ashley said...

Oh, Kelsey... I can only imagine how funny your house is. You always kept us laughing in high school. Cracking me up, girl....