Monday, February 8, 2010

V-DAY Present...

With Valentine's Day right around the corner, I knew I needed to take preemptive action to ensure any gifts my husband bought were not bought in vain...

David had a bad experience with Colonial Florist last Valentine's day, so I told him to just not attempt flower giving.

They are usually over-priced for this "holiday" anyway, and I would rather not have to throw them out in a few days.

(Or clean up the puke from the cat as Allie cannot stay away from fresh flowers...yes, she eats them...)

So with my mother's help, David was steered in the direction of a Greg Burns picture I wanted...

It can be personalized with names and a wedding date, and I LOVE Greg Burns stuff, so I was looking forward to being surprised by this sweet and thoughtful gift...

Except that I think David forgot I handle all the finances and budgeting of the checking account.

And that I have to look at it every single day to ensure we are on track financially...

Because I logged in the other day, and a charge to "GREG BURNS PRINTS" was on the first line...

Sigh...well, at least I won't be throwing it out after a couple of days!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

HAHAHAHA! That reminded me so much of my husband. Love it! Happy Valentine's Day!

Matthew and Emily Clothier said...

And mine too! I have maybe already seen something show up on our card too! Funny boys!

Terry said...

You can thank your mother for your nice present and no cat puke this year. You think that was your present from Allie?!