Tuesday, April 13, 2010

To practice.

D has an internship this summer in Carlsbad, New Mexico.

From what I understand, it will be pretty intense.  Long days.

So he'll have to get up earlier than what he has been used to.

But not yet.

His alarm went off this morning at 7am.

And I was surprised by this cause he doesn't have class until 10:30.  He usually lays in bed until at least 10:15...

Right before I left at 8:00, I asked him (while he was still laying in bed, hitting snooze every 5 minutes on the alarm...) why he set it so early if he wasn't planning on getting up yet.

His reply?

"To practice."

To practice?  Practice getting up early since you'll have to do that all summer?

No.

"To practice setting the alarm for 7:00 instead of 10:00."

3 comments:

The Buxton's said...

Carlsbad is fairly close to El Paso! Will you be visiting the area??? We've been to Carlsbad once and it was really neat!

Kelsey Johnston Nuckolls said...

I should be, at least a couple of times! How far away is it?? I'd love to see you guys and meet that little man of yours :)

The Buxton's said...

It's approximately three hours. Keep me posted on when you might be out there. We've been talking about making a trip because we want to see the bats.