Tuesday, June 29, 2010

No longer a newlywed.

On Sunday, we celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary...!  I still cannot believe it has been one whole year already...so I thought I would celebrate on the blog with a list of things I learned as a newlywed...

1. It's pretty awesome to never have to take out the trash myself again...
2. or mow the lawn.
3. If I want something done (i.e., the trash taken out or the lawn mowed) I have to ask repeatedly, sometimes 12-15 times, before it is actually done.  And the nicer it is said, the quicker it gets done.
4. Unless it is funny or sports, it is not being shown on our t.v.
5. I'm thankful I had a grieving partner when we lost Tatumbell.  No way I could have done that alone.
6. I think my friends and their husbands/other halves like David more than me sometimes...
7. We get really irritated when we are called a "house divided"...yes, we know, one likes OU the other OSU...we harbor no hatred for the other university, unless it's actually a Bedlam game, and the only thing really on the line is which one of us has to wear the other's university shirt at Christmas...
8. Putting clothes in the hamper will always be hard for David to do.
9. All those weird and annoying things he does...well, I may not be over them all or anything, but I have learned that those things make up him, and I'm working really really hard at not being so irritated when his jaw loudly pops when he eats, his snoring or his inability to ever be anywhere on time...
10. I have an automatic built-in support system.  He is always on my side, regardless if I'm wrong in the situation. 

I know how lucky I am.  I know too that we really are made to be together, so with that knowledge, is comforting. 

So happy anniversary, hubs!  Now on to year 2!!

No comments: