Thursday, January 27, 2011

Baby-Sitting.

I was just called by my sister.  Her husband's step-father has passed away, and the viewing and funeral are in Tulsa this weekend. 

And she doesn't want to take my 12 month old nephew along with them.  Austin is understanding emotions very well, and she doesn't want to unnecessarily upset him right now.  Soooooo, that means the little man will be joining David and me Friday afternoon through Saturday afternoon.  He's a very good baby, and I anticipate no problems at all taking care of him.  Just need to baby-fy my den this evening, but other than that, we should be fine.

Right?

I called David to let him know what we'd be doing.  I have tickets to the women's Bedlam game at noon on Saturday, so David will have to watch Austin for a couple of hours on his own...or, I take him with me (which I really don't want to do...that won't be any fun for him). 

So I told David, "You'll have to watch him by yourself for a little while, are you okay with that?  We won't be far away, so we can come home quickly if need be, but you'll essentially be on your own."

Hesitantly, he said, "I'll be fine.  Seriously.  You'll have to show me the essentials first, but I'll be fine."

Uh, essentials?  Like what? 

"Uh, like how to change a diaper...?  And maybe how to feed him?"

Stay tuned, folks.  This weekend could be interesting...

No comments: