Monday, February 28, 2011

Couples Shower

We had a couples shower this weekend for our friends, Laura and Adam.  It was at her parents lake house at Tenkiller, and I jump at the opportunity to spend any time there at all as I find it to be one of the most peaceful (well, when the lake folk aren't running around half lit off of 2 dozen Miller Lites...) places on earth.  With it being February, I obviously wasn't going to be on the water, but the chance to sit on the back deck at the lake house is just as great to me.

David had to work, so he was not able to go with me.  It's a good two hour drive from our house, and I knew it would be in my best interest to go ahead and just stay the night there, and return home on Sunday.  It definitely would have been more fun had he been able to go, but it was still a fun time.

When I got home yesterday, David inquired about all of the guests, what kind of food was there, etc...and then...he asked me, "So did the couple get a lot of raunchy gifts?"

Huh?

"Well, it was a couples shower, right?  So that means gifts for the couple to use in the bedroom.  I bet that was awkward with all the parents there."

He was dead serious.  I'm guessing the blank look on my face gave it away because he next said, "Oh...that's not right?"

No, honey.

You'd think he would remember that WE had a couples shower before our wedding, and there was no raunchy gifts there...just lots of alcohol since it was a stock the bar party.

Guess it's been too long (or too many drinks) since then...

No comments: