Monday, April 11, 2011

Phi Mu OKC Woman of the Year

Back in about October, my dear friend, Penny Cupp, called to tell me some pretty awesome news: that the Oklahoma City Phi Mu Alumnae Chapter had decided to honor me as the Phi Mu Woman of the Year.

I could not have been more speechless.  And actually, still am.

Last week was the Panhellenic luncheon at the OKC Golf and Country Club honoring all sororities' chosen Women of the Year.  17 total.  (in the picture below, the blonde woman in the purple dress-Sigma Kappa's WOTY-is the mother of a current Phi Mu freshman, Baileigh Means).

I was able to invite family and friends to the event, and one in particular I wanted there, was my Aunt Judy, Pi Phi alumna.
Luckily, I didn't have to say anything when I was presented, but my mom did...
With Judge Swinton (Zeta alumna), her daughter Caitlin Green (she pledged Phi Mu in 2005, and she was always one of my absolute favorite collegiates, me and mom.

All the Phi Mus that came to the event.  I could not have been happier, and I felt so honored these fabulous women came out to support me.
With an impending move out of state looming, I know I will cherish this award and these women for years to come.  Thank you for the honor...

I'm still speechless...

5 comments:

Kaylyn said...

SO happy for you. This award was definitely deserved

**Move out of state? Say what?

Erin said...

Congratulations, again! I teared up just looking at these pictures, feeling so proud of you and your dedication and feeling sorry for myself for missing it :(

P.S. We need to come to Stillwater soon.
P.P.S. Don't move :)

The Mills Gang said...

I could not be more proud!! Good job Little!! Love you!

Ticey said...

Congratulations!!

Cindy Siegrist said...

I didn't even know! Congratulations!